This year North Fayette Valley will be offering Remote Learning if school is canceled due to weather conditions. Your child’s school will communicate specific details with you regarding expectations and accessing the tasks students are asked to complete. Please see our district website under the Schools tab for additional information, including office hours.
NFV has determined we will initiate a “remote learning day” when school is canceled for inclement weather. Students will be encouraged to engage in learning remotely from home on those days. Class content and learning activities will be provided to students to complete throughout the day. Classes will not connect virtually “live”, however, teachers will be available through office hours. All learning activities will be tied to standards and learning objectives. Please review the information below and plan accordingly for future snow days.
High School Students
- Students will participate in remote learning using their school laptop and the course’s learning management system (Google Classroom or Schoology).
- Teachers will post instructions on the learning management system (Google Classroom/Schoology) by 9:00 a.m.
- Teachers will post office hours on the LMS (a minimum of 2 hours between 9:00-3:30).
- Learning activities are expected to last at least 20-30 minutes per class period.
- Learning activities shall receive feedback from the teacher.
- Students receiving special education, ELL, and TAG services will receive additional support and activities.
Virtual and Remote Learning does not count toward our required 1080 educational hours. North Fayette Valley has adequate contact time to absorb virtual and remote learning days during most school years. It is possible that we have a particularly tough winter and use up our hours, causing the district to add time at the end of the year.
Thank you for your continued involvement and support for your child’s learning. The school and family partnership is integral to our success. Please reach out to building principals with any questions.