NORTH FAYETTE VALLEY COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Minutes, Work Session of the North Fayette Valley Board of Education December 16, 2019 in the High School Library, 600 North Pine Street, West Union, IA 52175
NFV Board of Education: Julie Ahrens, Stacy Cummings, Emiiy Koch, LaCreasha McNeese, Eileen Schlawin.
Absent: Marc Rue and Carolyn Roys
Others: WUE & FE Principal: Travis Elliott, VE & MS Principal: Micah Gearhart, Curriculum Director, Betsy Nefzger, Business Manager: Sue Thoms, Board Secretary, Carole Nading;
Public: Trent Grundmeyer, Roger Wilcox
President Cummings called the Work Session of the NFV Board of Education to order at 6:02 p.m.
Board members present: Ahrens, Cummings, Koch, McNeese, Schlawin.
Absent: Roys and Rue.
Trent Grundmeyer and Roger Wilcox of Grundmeyer Leader Services facilitated the meeting with board to begin the formal search process for a Full Time Superintendent.
Topics of discussion included:
- Finalize dates of search process as follows:
- December 17, 2019 – January 6, 2020 – Stakeholder survey open
- December 19, 2020 – February 2, 2010 – Application period
- February 17, 2020 – Board reviews candidate pool. (Closed Session)
- February 24, 2020 – Board screens candidates. (Closed Session)
- March 2, 2020 – Formal Interviews with finalists. This will include various mixed stakeholder groups. The Board will begin their interviews at 4:30 p.m. (Closed session)
- The Board also discussed a potential hiring package.
The board adjourned their work session at 7:48 p.m.
Stacy Cummings, President Carole Nading, Board Secretary