August 28, 2020
NFV Community, Fall Sports Spectators, Students and Families:
We had a successful summer sport season and we are excited to start our fall seasons. Schools across the State of Iowa have made preparations for returning to school and fall sports. NFV has developed, and will continue to work towards developing, procedures for our students and coaches to have a successful and safe season during a pandemic. We will need the cooperation from all students, coaches, officials and spectators to help us navigate our competitive team sports through this time. We will continue to be adaptable as we receive new guidance or receive new recommendations from IGHSAU, IAHSAA, Public Health and the Iowa Department of Education. This fall will be unlike any other sports season we have ever experienced, and we should be thankful that our athletes will have the opportunity to participate in the fall sports they enjoy.
While attending at NFV, these are the things that you will be seeing and hearing this fall:
- Public Address Announcements before each contest regarding our expectations for COVID 19 mitigation strategies and social distancing.
- COVID-related signage.
- Every other row of bleachers will be taped off and we are asking spectators to not sit on those designated bleachers.
- Cleaning/sanitizing products. We strongly encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer.
- Longer and more frequent timeouts.
- Student sections will require masks be worn if there is not 6 feet of social distancing.
General Guidelines while attending activities at NFV:
- We are NOT limiting attendance at home events at this time.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever 100.4 or higher, loss of taste/smell, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headaches, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea) or have been exposed to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please do not attend.
- Maintain social distancing from everyone not in your immediate family. Masks are strongly encouraged, but not mandatory for adult spectators when 6 feet is not possible.
- Student sections that are not following social distancing protocols will be required to wear masks.
- Concession stands will be operating.
- There will be admission charged for events.
- Please be considerate of others around you.
Cross Country specific guidelines
- Admission - No Admission charges. (This may change for the conference meet.)
- We will NOT hold an awards ceremony at the conclusion of our meet based on recommendations form the IHSAA/IGHSAU.
Volleyball match specific guidelines
- 9/JV/V Admission is $5 for Adults and $4 Students. People are encouraged to pay with exact change.
- Please do not sit in the first two rows of bleachers unless you are handicapped.
- Please do not sit on bleachers marked with tape.
- Restrooms will be available.
- Only one net will be used per gym for contests.
Football game specific guidelines
- 9/V Varsity Admission is $5 for Adults and Students. JV Admission is $3 for Adults and $2 for Students. People are encouraged to pay with exact change.
- Please do not sit on the bleachers that are marked with tape.
- With the limited bleacher seating, spectators may bring their own chairs.
- Restrooms will be available.
- A modified, 7 game schedule has been adopted.
- First two games are non-District
- All teams will qualify for the playoffs, with the first round being Friday, October 16th.
NFV Activities on the Road
- Many schools are mandating or strongly recommending masks, especially indoors. Please have a mask with you in case they are required.
- Some schools are limiting the number of spectators that can attend. We will try to get this information to you as it becomes available to us.
- Local restrictions, recommendations and expectations will vary from place to place. Be prepared to adhere to them. We will post these on the school website under the Activities tab, as we receive them.
- Concessions will be available at most places, but menus will vary greatly from school to school.
We will be able to offer and have our students participate in middle school and high school activities as long as we are having in person classes or, when necessary, a hybrid model of instruction. If we have to go to total remote learning, all activities will be suspended.
Each and everyone of us has the personal responsibility to adhere to the guidelines at each venue. This will give our student athletes, coaches and spectators the best opportunity to participate this fall. The Public Health officials and schools have developed these strategies and they are doing their best and working hard to create a safe and healthy environment for all. We thank you for your cooperation.
Proud to Be NFV!
NFV HS Principal/AD
Jesup Cross Country Meet - September 29
September 22 Cross Country at Waukon
- Reminder that social distancing is a must and when you cannot social distance we strongly encourage wearing a mask. .
- No concession stands
- NO ONE is allowed in the clubhouse until coaches pick up packets at the end of the night.
- NO PETS will be allowed on the course.
Course & Facilities: Elkader Golf and Country Club, 24361 Gunder Road Elkader, IA 52043 The Club House will be closed to spectators and student-athletes. Only meet personnel will be allowed in the Club House.
Concessions: There will be no food or drink available for purchase.
Portable bathrooms will be available for use outside of the clubhouse.
Parking: Spectators can park in the golf course parking lot or on the south side of Gunder Road.
Schedule: 4:00 pm Junior High Race (Girls and boys together)
4:30 pm High School Girls
5:00 pm High School Boys
Oelwein 9th grade Volleyball tournament - Saturday, September 19
Lisbon Volleyball Invitational - September 19, 2020
Each participant will receive 2 tickets that will allow purchase of admission.
- To purchase, follow this link: https://vcloud.
- For the opening round, this will include Lisbon, Cal-Wheat, North Fayette Valley, Monticello, Mediapolis, and West Burlington.
- We will not know who is in the Lion's Den for the second round until after the 15-20 minute sanitation break between rounds.
- There will be no announcers for this livestream since there will be 2 matches going on simultaneously.
- We will try and get the best angle to catch as much of both courts as possible.
9th/JV Volleyball in New Hampton Sat. 9/12/20
Guidelines for attending New Hampton athletic events:
1. It is required that everyone attending indoor activities
wears a mask.
2. It is strongly encouraged that everyone attending outdoor
activities wears a mask.
3. We will be sitting in every other row of seats to promote
4. Do not sit in rows that have colored tape on the end seat.
5. For student sections, we ask that the students follow the
every other row regulation and also sit by grade levels.
6. Please sit with people you live with or already spend time
7. Please be respectful of others and their beliefs and
8. By working together and following a few guidelines we
hope to make this a safe experience for everyone.
9. Thank you for supporting our students.
JV Volleyball Tournament - Saturday, September 5 at Independence
5. COVID SPECIFIC GUIDELINES - to share with your Spectators:
Social Distancing from those not in your immediate family group is expected
No seating in the first TWO (2) rows on both sides of the gym
Please allow Two (2) rows of social distance space behind player benches
Score Table area will be marked – please allow 6 ft of distancing from their designated area
Concessions will be available and will follow safety protocols customary to licensed food service entities. North Tama Concessions is licensed under the North Tama Lunch program.
Social Distancing while waiting to be served is expected
Restrooms are available and will be disinfected according to North Tama Cleaning Guidelines
Personal Protective Equipment:
All Events located inside the North Tama School building:
Masks are required while entering, exiting and anytime you are moving around the facility and social distance can not be achieved. Masks can be removed after spectators are seated and socially distanced from others. Social Distancing in the MPR will not be possible - please wear your mask when you are in that particular room.
Spectators are asked to do the following:
Accept personal responsibility for following pubic health guidelines
Please remember these events are for the students – their health and safety are our priority when making decisions
Practice social distancing (limit your group to your immediate household)
Be patient and kind
Abide by posted signs and all guidance
Stay home if you have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Stay home if you have any one of the high risk symptoms listed below or two or more of the low risk symptoms listed below:
High Risk Symptoms (Have one of these? Do not attend.)
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
New loss of taste or smell
Low Risk Symptoms (Have two or more? Do not attend.)
Muscle and body aches
Varsity FB versus South Winneshiek - 7:00 game start