NORTH FAYETTE VALLEY COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Minutes, Work Session of the North Fayette Valley Community School District Board of Education, 5:30 p.m., Monday, November 25, 2019 in the High School Library, 600 North Pine Street, West Union, IA 52175
NFV Board of Education: Julie Ahrens, Stacy Cummings, Emiiy Koch,
LaCreasha McNeese, Carolyn Roys,
Eileen Schlawin. Absent: Marc Rue
Others: Superintendent: Duane Willhite, HS Principal: Todd Wolverton, WUE & FE Principal: Travis Elliot, VE & MS Principal: Micah Gearhart, Curriculum Director, Betsy Nefzger, Business Manager: Sue Thoms, Board Secretary, Carole Nading;
Public: Kari Straube.
President Cummings called the Work Session of the NFV Board of Education to order at 5:32 p.m.
Board members present: Ahrens, Cummings, Koch, McNeese, Roys, Schlawin.
President Cummings led the board in the Pledge of Allegiance.
Board Secretary, Carole Nading administered the Oath of Office to re-elected board members: Julie Ahrens (District #6), Stacy Cummings (District #7), and newly elected board members: Emily Koch (District #4) LaCreasha McNeese (District #1).
The board entered into discussion regarding the process of a Superintendent Search.
- Whether or not to hire a search firm to assist in the process. Board requested to have a brief presentation from the Grundmeyer Firm at the December 9th board meeting to explore this option. Other contacts for assistance are also being pursued.
- Consider sharing a superintendent. Consensus of the board would be not to share but discussion and vote is to take place at Dec. 9 meeting
- Tentative timeline for the search: Work will be done to create a survey for the community, staff and students and will be reviewed by the Board at the December 9th meeting prior to making it available to the public.
- Post opening on Teach Iowa by December 20, 2019 with a January 31, 2020 closing date for application submission.
- Applications will be reviewed, and chosen candidates will be invited for interviews with community members, staff, students and the Board of Education.
- Tentatively the offer of contract and hire: early March 2020.
Motion to adjourn. Ahrens/Roys. Motion carried 6-0.
The board adjourned their Work Session at 6:55 p.m.
Board President, Stacy Cummings Board Secretary, Carole Nading